Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Difficult post

First, my apologies for not posting sooner...I haven't known what to say regarding the direction of things lately. Our journey to bring David here from R*ssia is over. Nothing more can be done to make this work. All along I was so worried about the money, but God provided at every juncture. It came down to problems with the paperwork. The region where Gl*b resides is very difficult and continues to come down harder and harder on adoptive parents. We needed documentation from Chris' first marriage, and it became impossible to retrieve that documentation because of the lapse of time. So...the agency felt we would not make it through court in this very stringent area of R*ussia.
We are heartbroken. It has been a long 10 months and we have worked so hard to make this adoption happen. The only positive aspect of this is that all the money we raised will stay with Gl*b in the form of a grant. My prayer is that a family will be found for him soon.
As for us, I don't know what we'll do now. We are praying for wisdom and discernment about what, if anything, to do next. There are so many orphans out there who need a family, and yet perhaps God has other plans for us at this point.
We would appreciate your prayers, both for Gl*b and for our family.

6 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I am praying so hard for a balm of comfort for yall! such a hard time I am sure.

blessings,
Tami
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogsopt.com

Elle said...

I am so sad for you. My heart is aching for you. I am sorry I lack words today, my uncle passed away, so I am a little beside myself as well. I will pray that God gives direction. I am so sad for this little boy as well. Is there anyway another family can adopt him? I know this must be a huge weight on your shoulders as well. May God lift you up and show you His light. God is doing a million things you don't know about. He is there. Trust in Him. I have appreciated your comment and blog too.

Susan said...

I'm so very sorry things have been difficult to this end. You just never know about the road our precious Heavenly Father has for us to travel. Twisty turns down a dirt path - or top speed down a paved 4 lane interstate!

One of my best friends traveled to Russia to adopt 2 children only to return empty handed. They went across the world and back without results. It was a terrible experience. The only reason I mention this is that God may be protecting you from an unknown situation that could have been even more heartbreaking. Hang in there!!!

A hug from the East!
Susan.

Somewhere In The Sun said...

I haven't visited your blog in a long time. I ordered a magnet from you last year and today I decided to check in. I'm shocked and saddened by what you have had to go through. You and your sweet David will be in my prayers.

~Lynn

Wife of the Pres. said...

I'm so very sorry.

Karen said...

I am sad to hear this :( I lost track of your blog after ordering the magnet ( which I love BTW) and was just thinking about you all. I noticed that you haven't posted since June.. has anything changed? I will pray for God's will for your family~

Blessings~