Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Where did the last 20 years go???!!




We have a tradition in our house that the birthday child has to sit on mommy's lap at the exact time when that child actually came into the world. At the time this tradition was started, I was not thinking ahead as to when the child might actually get taller than I am! So now my sweet baby Matthew (all 6'2" of him) tries very hard to fit on mom's lap without inflicting too much pain! He is all legs!


These pictures were taken back on May 17 at 5:08 p.m. That is when I officially became the mother of this wonderful, sweet boy (not a boy anymore!) 20 years ago! It is really hard to believe it has been 20 years! He has been such an incredible blessing to all of us! Enjoy every minute while your kids are small--it goes so, so fast!!!

1 comment:

emmy said...

awww how cute.... i wish my family did something corny/sweet like that on our birthdays