Sunday, February 1, 2009

First snow















Wow, am I ever behind with this blog. Sorry...I am consumed in paperwork right now! You just wouldn't believe what R*ssia wants for an adoption dossier. But, that's another post for another time.
We finally got some snow! Not much, but I'm not complaining! I could go for a nice big snowstorm right now...the kind that shuts everything down just for a day or two...the kind that makes you want to bake cookies and scrapbook all day because there's nowhere to go and nothing else to do...a perfect day. Not to mention how everything looks with a fresh blanket of snow, before the kids track through it and you're forced to get the snowblower out and make some paths. Speaking of snowblowers, I got one for Chris for his birthday a couple years ago. Wouldn't you know that was the last year we had an appreciable snowfall! It's been sitting in the garage ever since, waiting...Hopefully this will be the year!
So, here are the girls playing in our quasi-snowfall. We really only got a dusting of the stuff. Because they're homeschooled, they were able to go out and play before it turned to rain and slush that afternoon. It didn't matter that it was just a dusting...they threw snowballs, made snow angels, and begged me to take them sledding. They just don't get it that South Jersey doesn't have any hills! (at least where we are!) So, we'll be doing a snow dance soon enough, hoping for more of the white stuff!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE are in MN, so I envy you right now. A little dusting would be alot nicer than what we have had here. I don't miss the snow...I want it to leave! WE could use your snowblower.. LOL. It has started to melt over the weekend, but now its super cold again, so it froze. Then we got rain, so more freezing. I am surely sick of the cold. I like the pictures of your daughter. She is so cute. I'm glad the kids had fun. My kids, who are also homeschooled, are sick of being outside and now are hermits..hehe. They take after mom. And yes, I would love to bake cookies and/or scrapbook if i didn't have a toddler in toe all the time. Plus i think we used up all our cookie mix/batter. It's been that kind of winter!

Sue said...

Hello,

I am wondering if you are still selling the magnets for cars? I have been waiting several weeks for mine to arrive in the mail. I sent you an email recently.

Thank you,

Sue

Sue said...

I got your email, thanks for the magnets!